Another warmup piece: The Entrance.
Sam collapses in the middle of the dirt road.
A couple of storyboard frames for a promo spot.
Quick And Loose Shooting Boards: TDB sequences Pages 8 and 9.
Conceptual pitch board for horror short.
Here’s another line art versus fully rendered finished board.
Dark basement sequence: ANNA walking down the steps to the dark basement with flashlight in hand.
– Angle 1: Camera in basement follows ANNA’s feet then MEDIUM on her as she walks down the steps.
– Angle 2: Camera follows ANNA on her left shoulder as she walks down the steps.
Here is a collection of storyboards done by storyboard artist Cuong Huynh.
Storyboarding a promo spot: Wearing VR glasses going upstairs: suddenly you’re running up an ancient temple stone staircase.
Quick And Loose Shooting Boards: TDB Page 7: frame blocking, in-frame action, and camera movement.
One continuous shot.
Below are individual storyboards A, B, C in the sequence.
Early morning warmup: Alien visitor.
For a majority of projects, I usually jump in and start breaking down the brief/script according to the scheduled project time, and start drawing almost right away. Once in a while, for a few projects, and for various reasons, I prefer to just let the story sink in, do some top level thinking a little bit, work out the visuals, compositions and sequences in my head, then after having identified a clear/preferred path I want to take, I start drawing. During the prep period, I may do a few warmup or test boards just to have a feel for what I want to do in the project.
This is one of those warmup/test boards. Sometime it can be in rough form, Other times I carry it to what I consider fully rendered and finished condition.
One of conceptual pitch boards for horror short.
Here’s to show the line art version then a fully rendered finished board.
- Scene 8.3 Storyboards - Plumb Chases Down Mrs. McCarrion September 1,2021
- Sequences 10-14: Mrs. McCarrion Asks For Some Hot Coffee August 24,2021
- Erik's Story: My Life Is in My Hands - Final Cut. November 15,2020
- Itch The Movie Storyboard Animated Shot 37 July 31,2020